Abilibee Therapy is a Telehealth based clinic. This means we offer pediatric physical therapy directly to you in your home or wherever else you may be located*. We set up appointments just as you would in a traditional physical therapy facility. However, at your designated appointment time, we meet at a live video visit on your computer, smart phone or tablet. All of our sessions are fully HIPAA compliant and protected. All communications are sent over an encrypted platform to offer you the privacy and security you need. We do offer group sessions either in-person or on-line to introduce you and your group to Total Motion Release and a bit of what Abilibee Therapy has to offer.
*At this time, licensure laws dictate that the client must live in the state of Ohio to receive physical therapy treatment from Abilibee Therapy, LLC. Telehealth is rapidly advancing such that services may soon be available to many other areas. Stay tuned if you are currently living outside of Ohio. Feel free to contact me, sign up for our News and Updates, if you’d like me to keep you informed when licensure laws advance.
Welcome to Abilibee Therapy! I’m thrilled that you have found my business and I look forward to getting to know you and your needs. But, first, here’s a bit about me.
Personally, I moved at least 8 times in my childhood living in Ohio, Georgia, New Jersey, California. My husband and I moved back to Ohio in 2000. I’m a mother of two absolutely amazing, talented and loving daughters, Anna and Julia. I am a wife to my husband and support system, Sean, of 20 years. I enjoy walking, hiking, travel, photography, reading books, watching tv, movies, and everything family. We also enjoy hosting exchange students and have added a German son and Belgian daughter (dark haired beauty far right of photo) to our family through this process. My favorite things to do involve my kids. I enjoy whatever we do when it makes my kids smile! Anna is 16 and has always commanded attention. She goes after what she wants and often gets it. College is looming for us offering incredible excitement and touches of sadness. Julia is 13 years old and my quiet, thoughtful, cuddly girl. She was slower to move and required some of mom’s expertise with learning to walk. She is hypotonic (low tone) and hyper-flexible. She’s encountered extra challenges along the way and I’m glad I’ve been able to help her pursue her best self.
Professionally, I’m a physical therapist who has specialized in pediatrics since the beginning of time. Well, technically, since 1997. That’s when I graduated with my Masters in Physical Therapy from Loma Linda University in Southern California. I also attended undergraduate school in California at The University of California, Riverside. I’ve known since I was young that I’d work in medicine with children. And here I am! I have worked with children in a variety of settings including clinics, schools and in their homes. I’ve treated children in their back yard, in pools, at parks, and just about everywhere. I believe that children are kids first and foremost, no matter their special needs. So, my physical therapy approach is pain and tear free! It is play-based and fun! I empower parents so they will be able to easily help their kids excel. I am certified in pediatric Total Motion Release therapy. I have focused training and experience in many specialized areas including Neuro-Developmental Treatment (NDT), toe walking, aquatic therapy, sensory integration, Pediatric Myofascial Release, pediatric yoga, orthotics, durable medical equipment (wheelchairs, standers, etc.), therapeutic ball, hippotherapy (therapy on horseback), and much more. In my 20+ years in pediatric therapy I’ve worked with infants and children with a wide range of diagnoses including Cerebral Palsy, Down Syndrome, Torticollis, general developmental delay, Autism, genetic disorders/syndromes, Spinal Muscular Atrophy, Muscular Dystrophy, developmental coordination disorders, Hypotonia, neuromuscular disorders, and more.
Kids are rainbows and sunshine, butterflies and birds. They are as unpredictable as the weather with the potential to reach mountain summits. My goal is that together we may help them shape and direct their energies so they may fly and shine.
Heather M. Denman, MPT, cTMR
- Allows for long distance contact with your therapist
- Easy access to advice, reminders, education, intervention and monitoring
- Increased frequency of services when needed
- Therapist-in-your-pocket for questions about your child
- Easy access to health education and advice
Cost, Resource & Time Savings
- No transportation costs
- No need for childcare
- Decreased overall time commitment to attend an appointment
- Decreased waiting time
- Easy access to appointments that fit your unique scheduling needs
Consistency & Quality of Care
- Total Motion Release provides an ideal foundation for progression and development of your child and is provided to you by a certified TMR physical therapist. It can be challenging to find a local TMR trained therapist and very few have attained full certification ensuring you and your child receive the best possible care.
- Empowerment to the child and caregiver/parent – Ongoing professional instruction and education for the caregiver/parent in ways to optimally engage their child and implement fun therapeutic treatment strategies into daily routines providing all-day-long treatment opportunities. This is far superior than once a week (or less frequent) traditional in-office sessions.
- Ideal for Wellness Visits – Guidance about how your child should be developing and progressing
- Children love electronics and tv – Working with a therapist online offers a fun and novel approach
- Protection for immunocompromised individuals with provision of treatment in your home
- HIPAA compliant video conferencing
- Encrypted messaging and data transfer