Live online video visits including physical therapy evaluations, treatment sessions as well as brief updates or screening. We also offer a comprehensive baby and child Wellness Program
Conditions we address include (but are not limited to):
- Motor control/learning disorders
- Strength and range of motion problems arising from birth, surgery or traumatic incidents
- Gastro-intestinal concerns
- Sensory processing disorders
- Endurance deficiencies
- Balance and coordination concerns
- Posture concerns
- Gait deviations
- Adaptive equipment needs
- Functional skills training
- Sports related injuries
Diagnoses we treat may include (but are not limited to):
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Cerebral Palsy
- Developmental Coordination Disorders
- Developmental Delay
- Down Syndrome
- Genetic Disorders
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Neuromuscular Disorders
- Spinal Muscular Atrophy
- Spina Bifida
- Toe walking
- Traumatic Brain Injury
What is Wellness Therapy?
Simply stated, Wellness pediatric therapy is health promotion and disease prevention!
- Do you have concerns about how your baby or child is growing, developing, or learning new movement skills?
- Would you like to learn how to optimize your child’s potential?
- Do you wish you could quiet that inner voice that causes you anxiety and concern for your little one?
Abilibee Therapy is the place for you!
Wellness therapy is preventative services offered to promote optimal health and growth of your baby and young child with a goal of achieving a state of physical well-being and disease prevention. We will provide comprehensive therapeutic services directed at maximizing your child’s individual potential. We will provide easy access to your specialized pediatric physical therapist for regularly scheduled video visits focused on addressing your child’s current abilities and expectations. We will answer your questions and help resolve uncertainties pertaining to your child’s development. We provide guidance through these exciting, novel and sometimes uncertain times with your baby and young child.
General Topics covered with Abilibee’s Wellness Program:
- Parent concerns and questions
- Education regarding typical developmental patterns and expectations
- Health education and promotion
- Disease prevention
- Training for optimization of body symmetry with use of Total Motion Release (TMR)
- Optimal body symmetry is essential for promotion of motor skill development and can help your child learn and move faster
- Torticollis prevention (a condition in which your baby’s head is persistently turned to one side)
- “Flat-head syndrome” prevention
- Tummy time training
- Promotion of neck strength and control
- Appropriate developmental reflex integration
- Education for optimal use of toys and containers (car seats, strollers, bouncy chairs, exersaucers, etc.)
- Environmental adaptations-home assessment/guidance
- Activity/play guidance-pertaining to your home and community
- Explanation of basic terms you may encounter as your baby grows including muscle tone, gross motor, fine motor
- Screening for issues optimally addressed by a speech language pathologist or occupational therapist
- Injury prevention
- Parent and caregiver empowerment
Motor movement and environmental exploration is vital to brain development. In other words, it is very important for your baby and child to learn to move about and explore his world in order to help him learn. Delays or dysfunction in the movement of your baby or child can impact the development of his brain and speech as well as his movement skills. The Abilibee Wellness Program will help keep your baby or child on track and identify potential concerns early. Early intervention is important for EVERY child! Every child is unique and should have their unique needs addressed early.
Well-baby visits are a chance for you to address your concerns directly with your child’s physical therapist. Parents are usually the first ones to notice a problem. Abilibee Therapy is here to listen and work with you to help your baby thrive.